Friday, September 14, 2007

My Left and Right Hands

First of all, I'm just so glad Joslyn has posted something in the 5H blog.

100 to your team! Since you're in the Immortal realm, that makes it 200!

Back to the subject, *Ahem*.

All teachers have right and left hand men, like mafia (Italian mobsters/gangsters) and Yakuzi (Japanese mafia). When we talk about "right hand", we're talking about the ones who are almost dispensable to the organisation.

For example, the mafia cannot do without their right-hand men: the treasurer or the top assassin (#1 killer). Similarly, we teachers have right-hand men.

Left-hand men refer to those who are very helpful but they're not those whom the organisation relies heavily on. Yet, teachers love to ask them to help up in tasks. They're the second most important group of people to the teachers.

Time to reveal my right-hand and left-hand "men". (Note: There is no ranking of order of importance) ****drum rolls*****

Right-Hand "Men"
1) Poh Yi
2) Pei Zhen
3) Daryl
4) Wei Bin

Left-Hand "Men"
1) Muhammad
2) See Ying
3) Glynis
4) Megan
5) Lu Jian
6) Wei Chong
7) Vivian
8) Sherman
9) Andrew

As you can see, "Right-Hand Men" are favourites among the teacher. They have higher chances of getting "Model Pupil Award" than others. Of course, the Mother Tongue teacher may choose to challenge the Award. Hence, these pupils can easily get Model Pupil Award if they have behaved very well during English, Maths, Science and Mother Tongue lessons. Basically, these pupils do not complain much when given work. Unfortunately, Model Pupils Award cannot be given to the same person twice in a year. Pei Zhen and Poh Yi are definitely out of contention for Semester 2.

At the same time, I'm hearing good news from Mother Tongue teachers. Mr Long has expressed that pupils in 5H have improved in their learning attitude and he mentioned Lu Jian. Same goes for Mdm Tan Meng Kee who mentioned about Ina and some others. I'm extremely pleased to hear about that as those pupils have worked so hard in Term 3. Yet, all I can say is "Congratulations!" A one-word that contains so much joy and tears, a one-word that I hope so much can give them more strength, a one-word that no money in the world can purchase.

I don't think I need to describe how I choose my left and right hands. It's rather obvious how much they have contributed to the class and not only to themselves.

This is the first time in my teaching that I've got so many left and right hands. It goes to show the quality of pupils in 5H.

It's 1.50am now. I've got to invigilate a P6 Listening Comprehension class in other school tomorrow and yet, I can't get my sleep. This has caused my body to "hibernate" at 3pm almost everyday.

What I appreciate most are those pupils during remedial today. They seemed to know I'm tired and that I would take quite a while to mark their work. Yet, they chose to wait till I "recovered" to mark their work. There wasn't any "laughs at the teacher" nor "wake him up!". What I sensed were patience and respect. I was touched. I truly am (now).

Sometimes, there are things words alone can never describe. This is one of those occasions. A simply indescribable moment.

Signing off at 1.55am,
Mr Wan

FRIENDS FOR LIFE!!

posted by 5 Honesty's Blog at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


OUR BLOG

6HONESTY FOREVER!
spammers are not entertained here

US, DUH!

CLICK FOR GIRLS!


CLICK FOR BOYS!



WISHES &HOPES!


♥to be together forever :D
good results for PSLE
(you guys can write your wishes here, you know)

GOODBYE!

OTHER CLASSES

6 Courage
6 Diligence
6 Kindness
6 Loyalty

6 HONESTY PUPILS

Alicia
Bryan
Cheryl and Jean
Christie
Clarice
Genevieve
Jean
Joey
Joslyn
Kevin
Siti
Vivian

5 HONESTY (2007) PUPILS

Andrew
Cheryl
Nabil
Peizhen
Pohyi
Waikeng

SECONDARY SCHOOL CLASS BLOGS

Joslyn's Class 1-1
Nigel's Class 1-5
Jean's Class 1.4
Pohyi's Class 1.8
Alicia/Christie's Class 1/6
Adriana/Dennis's Class 1/7

TALKATIVES



Feedjit Live Traffic



ADRIANA'S PET



SITEMETER!





COUNTER!



THANK YOU! :D


Designer
Blogger
Tagboard



ARCHIVES!


August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
May 2010
October 2010